Custom Search

Monday, May 12, 2008

Owly

So, I just found out about a series of graphic novels that I'm going to have to check out, called Owly. The first & coolest thing that grabbed me about them is that they're totally text-less! Owly's creator Andy Runton's site has a teaching guide that offers lesson plans on using the graphic novel series in the classroom - and showcases how the books' lack of words can be used to inspire students of all ages who might've fallen behind on their reading skills.

When I read them, I'll let you know! Has anyone reading this read (or should I say interpreted?) the Owly novels? Do tell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy runton is amazing! i think it's awesome how his mom helps him out with stuff like the lesson plan and the prototype for the owly plush. you should check out christian slade's book korgi (top shelf book too). he uses the same visual language as runton, but is more whimsical with his stories.

Spooky Momma said...

I had no idea his mom helped him out with that! How cool!

Thanks for the tip on Christian Slade - I will have to check out his stuff, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi I know this isn't the place to be contacting you about your crafting but this is the only way I could find to contact you. I was searching skull boutonnieres and I came across your skull pins. Was wondering if you made them or could make them as I see you are very creative! Hope I'm not out of line asking I just seen that you sold the pins. You can drop me and e-mail if you like hockeygal1984@yahoo.ca

Thanks so much