Custom Search

Saturday, May 10, 2008

don't know what to get mom? ask a stranger!

so, I was out today finishing up some last-minute mother's day shopping. I needed to get a few things from the neighboorhood superstore, like photo paper and t-shirt transfers. I was walking past the lotions & cosmetics toward the register, when I heard a kid's voice say, "Excuse me, ma'am?" I looked - knowing that MA'AM simply COULD NOT mean me. But, it did.

There was a kid of about 10 or so standing there, in front of the Vaseline Intensive Care with a gigantic red gift bag. I said, "Yes?" and he said, "I'm sorry but do you think you could help me pick out something for my mom to make her smell good like, you know, when she gets outta the shower?" It took me a few seconds to go AWWWWW in my head, I said, "Sure, let's go down here with all the fancier smelly stuff and I'll help you find something." His being totally lost was really cute. I asked him if he knew any particular smells that his mom liked and he said, "I dunno....flowers?" So, I gave him some advice. I found the vanilla scented stuff, and told him, "Remember, if you're not sure what kind of smell a girl likes, just go with vanilla. Almost every girl likes the smell of vanilla!" Then I showed him how to pick out a set of the same smell, like shower gel, lotion and body spray. Then, I told him good luck after he thanked me, and walked off grinning.

No comments: